Check out our new one and only blog: Family Affair Photography

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Round Robin - Light Moves

Originally I was going to post these photos in the entry below with the other photographs taken at the Seymour Conservatory in Tacoma. The conservatory is celebrating it's 100 th anniversary. In honor of the milestone, Dale Chihuly (a Tacoma native) created an impressive display for the celebration.

Luckily, I remembered to check out the Round Robin Challenge before I posted the previous entry. Once I read the current challenge, I KNEW I had to share some of the photos taken at the conservatory for this particular entry! :-)

6980620

I love how the light moves with and through the glass.

Copy of S 172

S 199

The other photo I would've used for this challenge I used as my new header. :-)

Please take a moment or two ;-) to check out all the participants. There are some wonderful photographers in the group. Also, if you enjoy photography please come join the fun, new photographers are always welcome!

Check out the Round Robin Photo Challenge!

12 comments:

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Amazing glass!

TJ said...

The glass is a wonderful. colorful reflect for light! What a great idea and ever better what great captures!!!
TJ

Gattina said...

Looks amazing ! so beautiful reflections !

Krista Meyer said...

Beautiful takes on the theme! I love the colors. Great entries. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful glasswork!! Even in the photos from the link!!! Gorgeous colors.

Jill said...

I love glass, too. I was thinking of that for this challenge, but was never anywhere with the right light and color to make me happy.

Carly said...

Hi Monica :)

Oh very pretty. The first one reminds me of a snail shell. Very nice.

-Carly

Suzanne R said...

Dale Chihuly does amazing work -- how neat that you were able to so beautifully capture some of that! You did a great job!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I especially like the second one - it looks like some exotic bird!

fdtate said...

Some great photos for the assignment. I especially like the first one. This looks like such an interesting place to visit.

Mojo said...

I've seen his work on other blogs too. In fact, I think there's a piece of it on The World in Black & White in a recent post. Not entirely certain of that, but it looks similar to one of the shots in the next (previous) post.

Nice work here!

Anonymous said...

I love blown glass. I can't believe I never saw this when we lived out there. Nice job!